Refer A Friend terms and conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, “we”, “us” and “our”, refer to Trussle Lab Ltd (“Better.co.uk”) and “you”, “your” refers to our customers. We love hearing our happy customers recommend Better.co.uk to their friends! Now we’re saying thank you, with our Refer A Friend programme. If you’d like to participate in the programme, have a read of the terms below. You can also read our full Terms Of Business.
- What is the Better.co.uk Refer A Friend programme? 1.1 Better.co.uk is running a Refer A Friend programme to give customers and employees (each a “Referrer”) the ability to receive a reward for recommending the service to their friends and family (each a “Referee”). 1.2 Referrers must be registered users or employees of Better.co.uk and registered users must have received an invitation email from Better.co.uk in order to participate in the programme. 1.3 A Referee is defined as the primary applicant on a mortgage application or protection policy with Better.co.uk. In the case that there is more than 1 applicant on a mortgage application or protection policy, the payment will be made to the primary applicant only and will not be paid to each individual applicant. The maximum that is paid per Referee is £100. 1.4 Your unique referral link will be provided to you in your invitation email. There is currently no other way for customers to sign up for the programme. 1.5 By participating in the programme you are agreeing to receive emails relating to specific referrals you have made.
- What is the reward and how is it delivered? 2.1 If you are a customer or employee, you’ll be entitled to a £100 voucher for each successful referral through your unique referral link (the “Referral Fee”). This referral link must be used by the Referee when signing up for the Rerrer to be eligible for the Refer a Friend programme. 2.2 A successful referral is defined as a referral that successfully completes a mortgage or puts a life insurance, critical illness or income protection policy on risk through Better.co.uk. 2.3 Referees that successfully complete a mortgage or put a protection policy on risk through your referral link will also be entitled to a £100 voucher. The rewards will be delivered to both parties through our cash rewards partner within 90 days of the successful referral subject to a mortgage having been completed or three successful paymenta for a protection policy. We will send you and your Referee an email upon qualifying for your rewards to let you know how to claim. 2.4 The Refer a Friend payment will be paid once to the Referee and Referrer per each Referee that the Referrer introduces to Better.co.uk through their link, no matter how many mortgage applications are completed or protection policies are taken out. 2.5 There are no limits on the number of individual Referees you can make as a Referrer, and subject to prohibited uses listed in Section 3 (below), you will receive a £100 voucher for each successful individual referral. 2.6 Better.co.uk has the right to change the value and structure of these rewards at any time. 2.7 Referees under the Refer A Friend programme must have become a registered user with Better.co.uk by 30 November 2022.
- Prohibited uses 3.1. You may only use our Refer A Friend programme in good faith for lawful purposes. 3.2 You may not: invite yourself to participate in the programme; invite already registered Better.co.uk users or users who create duplicate accounts (including yourself) in order to benefit from the programme; use the Refer A Friend programme in any way that breaks any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation, or that’s unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; use the Refer A Friend programme to send any unwanted or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (ie. spam).
- Abuse of the referral terms 4.1. Better.co.uk has the right to refuse to pay you the Referral Fee if Better.co.uk suspects you haven’t used the Refer A Friend programme in good faith or are in breach of any of the terms above. 4.2. When there has been a breach of the referral terms, Better.co.uk may take such action as we believe appropriate, including (but not limited to) ending this agreement, closing your account(s), closing third party account(s), and suspending the Refer A Friend programme without warning and with immediate effect.
- Limitation of legal responsibility 5.1 Better.co.uk accepts no legal responsibility for any use of the Refer A Friend programme which breaches these terms or Trussle’s Terms of Business.
- Applicable law 6.1. These terms and any dispute (including any non-contractual dispute) or claim coming out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. 6.2. Each party forever agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive authority to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- Changes to this agreement 7.1 We may change this agreement at any time by changing this page. We may or may not make you aware of any changes made. Continued use of the Refer A Friend programme means you accept the agreement in force at that time. 7.2 7.2 These terms apply to any referrals place on or after 31 March 2022.
- Data protection 8.1 Our Refer A Friend tracking web link has been designed to make sure we can track your referrals and reward successful mortgage completions. 8.2 At no point will we give you access to any data or any information regarding your referral’s mortgage application.
- Contact us 9.1 To contact us with ideas, suggestions, or issues with our Refer A Friend programme, please email [email protected] 9.2 If you’d like to opt out of Better.co.uk marketing services and communications, you can do so by emailing [email protected]. These terms and conditions were last updated in October 2023.